For those of you with a close relationship to God......

How do you stay close to God? Are there things you do throughout the day to stay close to Him? I feel in the every day, day to day living I loose that connection.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I bless myself everyday when I leave my house. I thank God daily for what I have. My DH and I pray every night before we go to bed and also thank him for our blessings. We go to Church every Sunday as well.

Erika
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I am in constant communication with my Gods. I pray, meditate, and sing songs of praise. I'm sorry that you feel like you're losing your connection to your God. Is there someone close to you that could help you figure out a way to reconnect? Perhaps your pastor, or whomever is head of your church? Maybe you could look up and pray on a verse that talks about connecting to your God? I was raised Christian as a child, so I know there are some verses like that. Without more details on what exactly you're feeling, I can't give better advice. I am not following a Christian path anymore, but I feel that no matter what the religion, our connection with our God(s) is important. Good luck!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• funny you should mention this. Trying to have nearness to God is an every day struggle/journey.. Islam has taught me that faith goes up and down. One day you may feel very faithful and the next you may feel less faithful. We have to do the things the God has asked us even when we don't want to or feel like it like pray, remember him. doing things as he instructed is what helps seek nearness to him.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Staying away from sin as much as you can..and beleive me we sin alot. however we can minimize it . like not fornicating outside of marriage or cursing or gambling, drinking or fighting etc... What i do is i make sure to pray my 5 prayers a day. i try to read quran or ahadiths or some scholarly report. I try to involve myself in conversations about God. I try to praise him and remember him much. if you are remembering God.. its most likely that you are not sinning.(hopefully). LOL. I Thank God for everything even the morsel of food i put in my mouth. I praise him when good happens and when bad happens. I seek refuge in God from ;the Devil. I recite Quran. I play Quran in my house and just listen to it. I talk with my sisters in islam about islam. I go to the mosque when ever i feel like it. I listen to lectures on islam, I read books about islam. all of this helps to seek nearness to God for me.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I pray without ceasing. My whole day is full of conversations with God. The big things (like devotions, Bible study, and fellowship with other Christians) feed my spirit, but maintaining a prayerful thought life is my life support.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I do little things to keep connected to my Gods all day. I get up and spend a few moments in quiet, meditation and prayer before I do anything else. I also do daily devotionals, offerings and other small things (like 10 mins of religious study) through the day... But I am someone that seems to find religion in the most basic of things... So for me it's just a way of life, not really something I do to stay close, just something I do because I am so close.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Im not so good at it now as I used to be but I would suggest you surround yourself with people who have mutual feelings about God as you do, read your bible but really let it sink in, and pray.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• We have some pictures and icons around the house. I went to church this morning. Sometimes I have a hymn going through my head. We do the rosary as a family every day. I am doing my first bible study, so I'm supposed to be reading the bible but I get distracted.

To feel connected, you start with the basic desire.  Your thoughts will turn more and more to God.  Your prayers can be said by formula or be spontaneous.  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 8:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• we ahve pictures of christ through out our house. we go to church wkly. pay our tithe and other commandments help us stay close to him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Ask !!!! If you want something, then ask him. I pray in my prayers that Allah put rememberance of him into my heart and soul. every second of every minute of every hour of every day.

Then as people say , be sincere in trying to obey his commandents, remember that asking him and thanking him for your needs and blessings is a way of acknowledging that he is your lord, and helper and protector, If you seek needs then turn to him and seek from him, It helps to keep the understanding that you are completely reliant on him for everything.

And keep good company, and avoid things that encourage bad behaviour,

And as a muslim, we believe that we were created to worship him, --- worship him , and acknowledge that he is your God and creator, with praise and thanks for the blessings his have given you, and for life itself.

And if you forget , then when you remember, seek refuge with God from the evils in this world.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2009