Any Catholic converts or revert? Any Cradle Catholics?

Would you like to tell us why you stayed Catholic? Reverted back to the Church or came to the Church?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I came to the Church because my Fiance is a cradle Catholic, and I knew that in order for us to get married in the church, I would need to commit to raising our children in the Catholic Church and if I was going to have to do it anyway, I wanted to become a Catholic. Also, I felt more comfortable with the beliefs of the Church that I did with say Baptist, which is the church that I went to as a child and teen. I enjoy being able to share religion with my husband.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Catholic from cradle to Brain. I left.
    Anonymous

• I'm a cradle Catholic and I'm still Catholic because I don't have any reason to leave. I had very good experiences growing up in the Catholic Church. The church I belong to now has a very warm and loving congregation. I like the catechism classes my kids take. We do home study catechism but we meet with other families in the church regularly to do family activities while learning more about our faith. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• 03 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Catholic from cradle to Brain. I left.

yet your brain can read the question is for Catholics?
    Anonymous

• I was a cradle Catholic, then I had a terrible experience and left. Then I went back when I realized that it wasn't the Catholic Church that was bad, it was the one parish, and actually just a few people who ran the parish (lay people mostly). My kids no longer attend Catholic school (except my high schooler), but that's because our new parish has no school. I love our new parish and am so glad I went back. This parish is what the Catholic Church is really about, and I'm so glad to have found it. :D

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Poorly catechized cradle Catholic to lapsed Catholic in my young adult years, back to Catholic when I studied the faith as a mature adult. I believe the Catholic Church is the Church founded by Jesus. I've read many apologetics books, listened to talks by former protestant ministers turned Catholic (like Dr. Scott Hahn, Jeff Cavins, and Dr. Peter Kreeft), attended bible studies both protestant and Catholic, and have found that the fullness of the Christian faith is found in the Catholic Church. I love the beauty of the liturgy and sacraments. I enjoy studying God's Word within the tradition of the Church. I'm very happy to be back in the Church!
    LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 7:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Anon :47. The catholics took over my question, I can respond to theirs as well.
    Anonymous

• "The catholics took over my question. "

Yes... we're everywhere. Mwahahaha! Sheesh. You make it sound like a horror movie or something. The Catholics Take Over CM... dun, dun, dun...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Baptised catholic but raised protestant. I converted at age 26. Flirting with Orthodoxy...
    shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 8:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Wow, some good answers (insightful) others are just childish. Seems to be a mantra today.
    Anonymous