should i be concerned about my baby?

My daughter is 9 weeks old.

She has been running a low-grade fever. Sleeping A LOT. She has been sleeping like 8-9 hours at night and a lot of the day. She has a good amount of wet and dirty diapers but she hasn't been eating as much as normal. She has been sucking on her hands and fingers a lot but when I try to give her a bottle she doesn't want it. She has been drooling a lot too and really fussy when she's awake.

What could be wrong? :(

javila

Asked by javila at 5:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she? She could be either teething or going through a growth spurt.....
    Anonymous

• As far as I know, when a newborn has a fever, you need to take him/her to the doctor. I would call your pedatrician.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 5:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• She's 9 weeks old.

It was a low-grade fever. Her pediatrician told me when to worry about her fever and when not to. and according to him, her fever was not a concern. I'm just wondering what's going on with her.
    javila

Answer by javila at 5:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• She is teething! that is normal just as long as her temp isn't over 103 for more than 7 hrs straight she will be ok... when she is awake try giving her a teething ring, frozen waffle or something cold for her to chew on... and if u want a dose of Tylenol for the pain and fever
    Anonymous

• She's probably fine. I wouldn't worry unless she gets really fussy or lethargic (won't wake up). If she gets like that or the fever goes up call the dr.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i think like 12-14 hours of sleep a day is normal at that age. i also think low grade fever is not a concern.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like teething. Keep an eye on her temperature, and take her to the doctor if it goes above 100.4 or lasts for more than a couple of days, and feel free to call before then if her other symptoms worry you; they're used to the phone calls. :) Also ask the pedi if it's ok to give her infant Tylenol; ours ok'ed it at 2 months old, and that might help a bit.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I think a fever is never okay!! I suggest taking her to another pediatrician or maybe the ER. I would reather be safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

• I would recomend taking her to the doctor, most of the time fever is a sign of infection (unless they're teething). Better be safe than sorry
    karla85

Answer by karla85 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I was told by my doctor as long as the fever is controlled by tylenol and does not go over 100.4 not to worry about it unless there are other symptoms such as coughing or weezing.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 1:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2009