RE: monroe piercing

I went to a place I had never been the other night and got the monroe piercing. I have been doing a sea salt water soak twice a day and washing it with diluted Dial soap in the shower. My problem is that it is still pretty swollen and the inside flat part is cutting into my cheek on one side. IDK if it's just cause it's swelling weird or he pierced it at an angle. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to lay flat against the inside of my cheek. I just started to get a lil worried this morning because it's still swollen! With my other piercings they healed super quick, and I never had problems at all. I am getting ready to go back to the shop and have him look at it and maybe re-pierce it...idk. I don't want to, but it may be necessary if the piercing it's self was done wrong. Plz ladies give me some advise! Is this normal for this piercing? Am I cleaning it wrong? Any help would be much appreciated. Thnx!

colieshea

Asked by colieshea at 5:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Health

• I don't have one but my BFF does. It was swollen for a couple of weeks. I mean it was really swollen for almost a week but not back to complete normal for about three weeks.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 5:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• they are trashy anyway.. id take it out, you are a mom fgs!
    Anonymous

• id take it out, you are a mom fgs!

Anon just because she is a mom doesn't make her less of a human with desires of her own. It's not like she pierced her LO like that anyway.

OP-Get back to the shop and ask them to make sure that everything looks ok.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Wow some people are very closed minded! I guess it would make me SUPER trashy if I had TATTOOS too OMG well guess what? I have many...however they can all be covered when I want look professional. IMO It's the person and the way they carry themselves that makes it seem trashy, not the fact that they have tattoos/piercings. I am an awesome mom of 2 beautiful, smart, socially excepting girls. I spend every hour of the day taking care of my kids and husband! I asked a simple question for people who may have experience and knowledge about this. I did not ask to be criticized! However this is a public question, and you are entitled to your own opinion so go ahead and be blissfully closed minded if it makes ya happy :)
    colieshea

Answer by colieshea at 6:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Jademom- Thanks for the reply. I am waiting for my hubby to get home from work then I'm gonna go back to the shop.
    colieshea

Answer by colieshea at 6:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My daughter just got that (and I am used to it now...lol!) It did take a while to heal. She said the jewelry thingy they put in initially is longer to allow for swelling (so swelling must be very common) and she felt it rubbed in places it shouldn't at first too. She washed it several times a day.... I don't think it is a bad idea to have the expert look at it, though! I am pretty conservative myself and have no piercings except my ears and no tattoos, but nowadays I think it isn't much more than a style decision and I agree with you that trashiness is an attitude and a way of life that has nothing to do with peircings or tatoos. My daughter was also instructed to use a mouthwash like listerine.....by the way. (unless I am completely confused and am talking about the wrong piercing...is this the one on outer area of the upper lip/cheek?) Good luck with it....I am NOT an expert, but I wanted to be supportive!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• BJoan, yes, you are thinking of the right one. I do use listerene when i brush, Organic sea salt water soak (2x/day), and Dial anti bacterial when I shower. I just got back from the piercer, and he said it is a little more swollen than it should be. He changed the jewelry to one with a longer post, and recommended H2Ocean, which is a spray that disinfects and promotes healing. It already feels soooo much better!

Thanks for everyone's input
    colieshea

Answer by colieshea at 9:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2009