Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I have 2 kids (3 and 1) The father of my kids doent give me any money for them. He is an ilegal alien in this country. he has a job but i dont know how much he gets paid. im unemployed looking for a job. if i apply for child support how much do you think i will get? I live in California

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (7)
  • If he is an illegal alien you won't get anything. If you file the authorities will have to find him, to serve him the paperwork. Once they do that, they will also have to deport him. If you think he is going to come back to this country just to pay you, keep dreaming!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • Where do you think the money is going to come from, if he is here illegally there will be no record of him working, hence no record of him having an income. Please report him being here illegally, we don't need anymore people in our country illegally, they will find him and send him back.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • You asked a question, don't get mad because you don't like the answers. All the previous posters are correct.

    Answer by Gealach at 5:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • Hey its not me that wrote that. I dont talk like that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • I forgot to ask if he has any right to see his kids.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • If he is here illegally, then if you file for child support he will likely get deported.


    Answer by rkoloms at 7:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • Yeah you can't take him to court for child support if he is here illegaly, most likely he would just get deported. But even if he was here legaly the basic 17% per child for child support wouldn't necessarily apply.

    My ex is going to school, lives of student loans and a VERY Part-time job, his loans don't count as income, so he pays....$25 a month in support. YEP, Twenty-Five lousy dollars. When my son was still using pull-ups that $25 didn't even pay for one box.

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.