support

I have 2 kids (3 and 1) The father of my kids doent give me any money for them. He is an ilegal alien in this country. he has a job but i dont know how much he gets paid. im unemployed looking for a job. if i apply for child support how much do you think i will get? I live in California

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• If he is an illegal alien you won't get anything. If you file the authorities will have to find him, to serve him the paperwork. Once they do that, they will also have to deport him. If you think he is going to come back to this country just to pay you, keep dreaming!
    Anonymous

• Where do you think the money is going to come from, if he is here illegally there will be no record of him working, hence no record of him having an income. Please report him being here illegally, we don't need anymore people in our country illegally, they will find him and send him back.
    Anonymous

• You asked a question, don't get mad because you don't like the answers. All the previous posters are correct.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 5:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Hey its not me that wrote that. I dont talk like that.
    Anonymous

• I forgot to ask if he has any right to see his kids.
    Anonymous

• If he is here illegally, then if you file for child support he will likely get deported.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yeah you can't take him to court for child support if he is here illegaly, most likely he would just get deported. But even if he was here legaly the basic 17% per child for child support wouldn't necessarily apply.

My ex is going to school, lives of student loans and a VERY Part-time job, his loans don't count as income, so he pays....$25 a month in support. YEP, Twenty-Five lousy dollars. When my son was still using pull-ups that $25 didn't even pay for one box.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009