Do it anyways or rest?

I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and HOLY CRAP my leg muscles hurt (not a bad hurt). How do you know when you need a rest day? Maybe I'm just being a wuss but I dont want to sabotage myself.

sk_tennyson

Asked by sk_tennyson at 5:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• If your muscles are REALLY sore, you should probably take a day of rest. You don't want to overdo it and cause an injury. Sometimes, if mine are just a little bit sore, I will work out anyway, but just take it a bit easier by using a more "dancy" type of routine and not doing a hardcore workout. I don't know if you're a fitness newbie or not, but what I found was that as I got further into my fitness journey, I really got in tune with my body and learned to listen to its signals very well. Now I KNOW when it's okay to go ahead and exercise and when I need to rest.

Kudos to you for your efforts, keep up the good work!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:34 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• if it hurts....STOP.

you're better off stopping and not doing it than overworking yourself and causing an injury.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• You know your body best and you dont want to overdo it and hurt yourself.I always take a rest day(sometimes 2)when doing intense workouts.Your body will tell you when its had enough.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2009