i need a lil help

is anyone here a marine wife? i'm kinda afraid that my mom is getting screwed around. long story short someone she's been talking to online and on the phone for over three yrs says he's a marine. he had been to iraq a few times and this last time came home july 1st and was supposed to see my mom. (he proposed over the phone). well here it is dec and he says he's still in debriefing going thru classes and what not in Miramar. from what I've been told he had 2 jobs over there and one i think is supposedly a sniper. the only reason i say supposedly is bc i dont know him at all. does anyone know how long that stuff lasts? i just dont want her hurt. I'm not sure where this belongs. if you want a lil more info say so and i'll pm you.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm thinking this guy isn't even a marine! Has your mother actually seen him in PERSON and in UNIFORM? My gut tells me he's just some guy who's cheating on his wife/girlfriend/significant other, which is why he conveniently "disappears" under the guise of being deployed or in debriefings for extended periods of time! And seriously, WHO officially proposes over the phone?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• If you know someone who IS a marine and you know his full name, they can look him up on the global email/directory.
    Anonymous

• I have no idea about any of this. I just wanted to say that it doesn't sound quite right, in my view. I would do some digging anywhere and any way you can, find out about this guy. But I wouldn't say anything to your mom just yet, get some proof before you open that can of worms. Good Luck!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• He would not still be debriefing. The guy is full of crap.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 1:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Send me a message. I'm a former Marine and married to an active duty Marine. I need some timelines to kind see what's going on if I can.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 10:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2009