help with a military question

is anyone here a marine wife? i'm kinda afraid that my mom is getting screwed around. long story short someone she's been talking to online and on the phone for over three yrs says he's a marine. he had been to iraq a few times and this last time came home july 1st and was supposed to see my mom. (he proposed over the phone). well here it is dec and he says he's still in debriefing going thru classes and what not in Miramar. from what I've been told he had 2 jobs over there and one i think is supposedly a sniper. the only reason i say supposedly is bc i dont know him at all. does anyone know how long that stuff lasts? i just dont want her hurt. I'm not sure where this belongs. if you want a lil more info say so and i'll pm you.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your Mom is likely being played like a fiddle. My husband did 30 yrs in the Navy Most of those served accompanying Marine Corp. I stopped counting after the 8th deployment. Never once did a debrief last over 5 weeks. Please PM if you would like. Tell your Mom there are A LOT of scam artists out there using real service members stories. Encourage her to at least back off. I hope she has never sent this guy money...that is frequently an outcome. She needs to be really careful.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• im a air force wife
    debriefing dont take a few months to do
    you can pm
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• after deployment the longest my husband has ever been in debriefing is 4 wks...but he is in the army...and thats after four deployements so....
    armymom02

Answer by armymom02 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My Husband says it doesn't take that long for debriefing, no matter what branch.

He's prior Marines AND Army.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 5:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i'm an Air Force wife, it doesn't take longer than 4 weeks, but who knows? marines might be longer
    karla85

Answer by karla85 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2009