Does anyone elses kids school do the santa shop?

My son got sent home with a price list for their items,but no other info.What is the purpose of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• It is way for kids to feel they can buy presents for their parents without having to go to the store with them, I think it makes them feel a little independent. We had one when we where in school and it was fun it usually was little knick knacks and such pretty fairly priced. This was like 22 years ago for me of course but I remember it was fun for me.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 6:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My kids' holiday shop was yesterday. They each got me and DH something.
    PsychMommie is correct about why the do it.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 6:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Thanks for your answers.

Anonymous

• yep.

santa store...they get a ton of dollar store items and the kids get to shop, wrap and give their gifts.

they get sent home an envelope with a checklist of names and how many gifts for each. this year they've made the gifts all the same price - so we just send the amount for the number of gifts they need to buy. mommy, daddy, sisters, pet, grandma....etc.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My son just had one today. It was actually through a company and worked as a fundraiser for the school. I wish I could remember the name of the company now! Ugh.
    Anonymous

• Yep. They actually go tomorrow. I'm about to write out the checks. I give them each $2 per person they shop for (that's 6 people for each kid to buy for) so all in all it costs us $36.
    The point is that kids get to buy stuff for their parents and siblings (or whoever) on their own. Makes them feel all grown up, especially for the little kids.
    These are the only gifts I will get for Christmas since my husband doesn't get me anything and doesn't take the kids to get me anything either.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2009