Why is it ok for gay couples to show PDA, but when a mother is breastfeeding in public we should cover up?

I see ALLOT of comments about how mother's who BF should cover up and not show their breast which is natural, but we have to see gay couple's holding hands/kisssing in public and that okay?

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I feel really bad for the women stating that others are breastfeeding simply for attention or sexual gratification. sickening actually. please do yourselves a favor and learn how to love and accept your bodies so we as a society can MOVE onto bigger and better things. Ignorance leads you know where but a dead end.
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 9:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• The 2 have nothing to do with each other. I prefer to cover up ,just being modest. I don't like to see any naked parts exposed in public.
    Anonymous

• You've gone from a topic about decency to a topic about bigotry. Its apples and oranges.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 6:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Why does this have to be about gay couples? Why not just about any couple?
    Just because seeing a gay couple kiss offends you (in general) doesn't mean it also offends others. Just like seeing a hetero couple kiss offends one person, doesn't mean it offends another.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• popcornAnyone want popcorn?

Anonymous

• Neither should have to be covered up!
    ProudMom093083

Answer by ProudMom093083 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I don't see the connection between either. I guess they both just have haters. I think PDA should have limits for ALL people. Try not to make it to foreplay til you get home. LOL Breastfeeding has no reason to be covered. Just another one of those things that ignorant people like to bitch about for no reason.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• No one has to be covered up, I choose to be covered up...I personally dont want anyone seeing my boobs.
    and a gay couple's PDA should be compared to a straight couples PDA not breastfeeding...
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• oh and I just say i dont want anyone seeing my boobs because I just started BF and I dont have a technique yet so I cover for my own modesty not for anyone elses
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I'm wondering what is is about SEEING things so small and sweet as a baby eating or couple holding hands that gets people so upset. Just the sight of people can hurt you?
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2009