What would you say to your child when asked why does a healing wound itch?

Need to know what to say to my differnt aged kids. For the question,"why does my sore itch." please enclued the age of the child for this answer so I will know what age group to consider..children are 1-18 years of age...

homextownxgirl

Asked by homextownxgirl at 6:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• LOL... I dont know that my kids ever asked.

If you have a child who is VERY curious and is really into knowing why things are the way they are.... I would say "Gosh I dont know, lets sit down at the computer and look it up.

If they are just asking to ask Id say something like "Im not sure but when your new skin is growing and the old is sluffing off... I would guess the two together simply itch"

If they are very little Id say "Oh no.... I guess it is because mama didnt kiss it enough" then I would hug and cuddle and kiss until they were giggling so hard that they forgot all about the itch.
    Anonymous

• btw.... why do you ask and why the big age difference on the answer requests???

anon :01
    Anonymous

• If my 18 year old asked (or any kid over age 11 or 12), I would probably say "I am not sure, why don't you look it up on the internet or in a book". If any kid under 10 or 11 asked i would say "as skin heals it itches sometimes" or something general like that.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• what BJone said is good,as skin heals it sometimes itches.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I would tell any child that skin itches when it heals because the sore is growing new skin and that itches.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2009