Anyone ever have a skintag removed (small fleshcolored small skin growth)

I'm considering having some removed and just wondering how that's done? A razor, scissors? Thanks!

lfl

Asked by lfl at 6:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Health

• They burn them off with a laser. they will numb the skin first and it will smell terrible and depending on their size they may have to put a couple stitches in. Winter is the best time to get them since you sweat very little.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• EWWWWWIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! really?? Gosh I though it was easier than that!!! I really was hoping for a scissor clip. They don't bother me at all, never have. I don't think I'll do it after all. Thanks!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I had some removed when I was a kid. The idiot doc just took scissors and clipped it off like it was a finger nail. Then he wondered why I attacked him. I was 5. Once I had one on my eye lid. They numbed it then used a special fluid and a knife. No stitches. My eye felt really wet for 2 days.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I had one above my eyelid & one on my stomach removed about 6 months ago. My Dr. just pulled it up a little with tweezers & snipped it off with surgical scissors. Didn't hurt a bit & they haven't grown back.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My husband had a bunch of them removed...They sort of burned them with a cauterizing instrument. I was there and he just talked the whole time...I think it might have pinched but it wasn't terrible. I am thinking of having a couple of them removed too...
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I would recc going to a Dermatologist I have had quite a few removed(they are hereditary and just happen because of friction) and they just froze(burned) them off kinda felt a little weird for maybe a hour or two after then I carried on with my day it really doesn't hurt at all.
    Anonymous

• I had one removed from my biscuit (butt) a year or so ago...it was kind of big...they numbed me...snipped it...sewed me up...
    cozycabinmom

Answer by cozycabinmom at 7:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I had one while I was pregnant. For some reason, it just popped up. I hated it so I just pulled it off myself and didnt even feel it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yes, I have. They numbed the area with a shot, then lasered it off. I didn't feel a thing, and there was no pain Afterwards. Absolutely nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous

• first they numbed the area, then used a clipper thing, and then something hot to seal the would shut.

The only thing that hurt was getting the numbing shot.

It was no big deal at all.
    Anonymous