Bath Time Fear? Help!!

I have an almost 4yr old girl who hates her bath. I dont mean she whines a little. I mean full out shaking hysteria & fear. What to do?? I have tried making bath more fun. More toys, games, songs, distraction. You name it. At my wits end!!! Thx!

milkMama25

Asked by milkMama25 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you gotten in with her? Or try a shower instead. www.onestepahead.com sells a shower head that comes down to their level and is shaped like a fish.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Is this a new fear or has she always had it? This may sound silly but have you asked her what she is afraid of? When DS was little he LOVED bath time then one night started freaking out I ASSumed it was because he was mad that he had to stop playing and it was a terrible bath night for both of us. The next day I had a little more patience and asked why he suddenly hated the bath he said he had seen something go down the drain on a cartoon! I thought that sort of fear was something you hear about but never really happens, but it does happen, kids see things and think it is real. I reassured him he was way too big to fit down the drain and he would not change shape to fit as the thing on tv had and told him I would not let the water out until he was out of the tub then he was okay with the tub again.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2009