i am so ready to have another baby,.. ive been trying and it just isnt happening any suggestions

my son is 15 months and i just dont know what is going on.. i took the depo shot only once an that about 1 yr ago and my cylces have been so weird..

deverrick

Asked by deverrick at 7:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• IM STILL TRYIN FOR MY FIRST FULL TERM SINCE MY MISCARRIGE IN JUNE...
    JENNIFER_007

Answer by JENNIFER_007 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Hi.I also had a miscarriage in June .June 13 to be exact.now im trying again this month.i have been for two years now since the death of my baby girl in 2007.I was skeptical about trying the first response ovulation kit and when i did, it worked but i ovulated later then when i thought.the key is to take the test everyday for seven days starting after your period has ended but you have to guess and have sex 3 days in a row when your test says pos for the hormone.cause it could happen anytime after the hormone surge but only 12 to 24 hours but sperm survives longer .and don't jump up right after sex.let it marinade sort a speak.im trying all next week.i will let you know what happens.Good luck!
    fertleflower

Answer by fertleflower at 8:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Ahhh, depo!! Yuck! I know so many people that took Depo and it screwed things up big time. I had cycle problems before I took it but afterwards it got worse....it actually made my PCOS worse and made me even more infertile. Sorry :(

I've made a lot of answers tonight and it seems like I've told everyone to chart but charting will tell you if you are ovulating or not and when in your cycle. It tells you a lot. And if you decide to go to the doctor, you can take your charts with you. Hopefully time will make your cycles better but for me personally, because of Depo, I was never really the same...but I had problems before the shot too.

OPK's are great if you have more regular cycles. It's a pain to do an OPK everyday for 20+ days a month waiting for ovulation! OPK's are always positive for me anyway because of my high LH/PCOS. They don't work for everyone.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 1:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• If you only took the Depo shot once it won't have any long-term negative effects. It can if you're on it long term. ( I was on it 2.5 years (have been off of it for about 5 now..) I got pregnant very easily. Don't get discouraged.. I hear the second is always tougher to concieve! My parents tried for close to a year to have me.

Only advice I really have is not to have sex everyday.. your hubby's sperm count will be less if you do.. but go at it like rabbits a few days before you are fertile, while you are fertile, and doesn't hurt a couple days after.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• thanks for all the advice.. its like when you want another babs so bad... its gets you so down
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 11:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2009