Praise to the smart mamas!

I wish CafeMom gave the ability to give stars to an answer. So if you agree with someone, you can agree, like, star it. I know there is a "Best Answer" option. Many of the mamas on here are well informed or have researched and provided valid info to answer some of these questions.

CafeMom developers, could you beta test a rating system? CafeMoms, would you like that feature?

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 7:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I would do the star thing!
    Anonymous

• yeah or the thumbs up thumbs down thing...see how many you get
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• and you are only allowed to do it once..i know some people would give you like 1000's of downs
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Oh the thumbs are a fun idea!
    Anonymous

• I like the thumbs up and thumbs down idea. It would be neat. Yahoo answers does that.
    Anonymous

• I would LOVE that. Like a thumbs up thumbs down rating system. Also, I would like to be able to edit my answer. I hate posting an answer and then finding a typo I cannot correct!
    Anonymous

• I do not think it is necessary  to do that. I think they should do away with the best answer part. Cafemom is not a contest.

Answer by louise2 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i think best answer is nice when you ask a question needing advice and someone gives you great advice...you can select their answer as best just to let them know they gave you great advice.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• On the other website the founders of cafemom had before (called clubmom) they had exactly that, a star rating system in their answers. It caused soooo much crap all the time. Someone would follow around someone they didn't like, low-rating all their answers, then that person would get pissed and post a question about "who is 1-starring all my answers?" It was drama, drama, drama with the star ratings. I think cafemom already has plenty or drama and catty behavior without adding the ability to "rate" what people say. If you think the answers are great, just let that mom know by responding within the answer or sending them a message to thank them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• ^ oh joy, the starz system.
    no starz, no starz here or there
    no starz,no starz anywhere
    I will not have them in a box
    I will not have them with a fox
    I do not like the little starz
    no way no how, no little starz
    I
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2009