What should I say? plz read!!

my sister wants to come visit me and the family but thing is her son is ALWAYS sick and she told me about three weeks ago he had a ring worm virus (what ever that is) and she sleeps with different men and I dont want her in my tub. Yet I dont want to hurt her feelings what should I say??? I dont want to make up a lie but I might have to -to protect her feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have two options/answers to your question that I would like to offer:

1. I find it highly ignorant of you to be fearful of whatever she could leave in your tub & your fear of your nephew's ring worm virus is equally ignorant. I think you should get over these unwarranted and insensitive fears and let her visit.

2. I think you should tell her exactly how you feel, so she can know what a judgmental and insensitive sister she has and then it will be left to her own accord on whether to visit you EVER again.

If you were my sister - I would want you to choose option 2, so I know who you really are and what you really think of me. Trust me, you aren't "protecting" anyone's feelings but YOURS.
    Anonymous

• Do not lie to her. Just tell her the truth.

Answer by louise2 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• For starters, ring worm is a contagious fungal infections (think athlete's foot and jock itch, but in the shape of a circle and not limited to feet and groin areas).
    You're posting int he babies section, so I'm guessing that you have a small child - if your nephew is frequently sick, and dealing with ringworm right now on top of that, I would let your sister know that having him around your baby is not a good idea. I don't know how far she lives from you or how often yous ee her - but if she's needing to stay with you, I'm thinking she's kind of far and you don't see each other often? If that's the case, maybe you could offer to split the cost of a nearby hotel room for them so that you could see each other, but not be "living" together during the visit, which will help give your baby space from the sick cousin AND keep your sister out of your tub. . . . . although truly, that would be the least of my concerns.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• anon #1 y r u so offended ? im just trying to protect me n my family... and how am i a bad person? is it because i care about keeping my child healthy? is it because i dont sleep around n dont have to worry about any std, warts ect. i have a husband a 2 yr old and a 5 mth old to look after. thx for your rude comment
    Anonymous

• yes tiffany my sis lives 2 hrs away and i have a 5mth and 2 yr old. im being really cautious because last time she came to visit she had clamydia and I know this is sexually transmitted but she could have crabs r something. sorry for those who feel my thoughts are ignorant...
    Anonymous

• Well, Author - if you think my answer is so rude, then I invite you to tell your sister exactly what you think and see how she reacts. I am offended because your desire to protect yourself and your family goes along the lines of the same unwarranted fear that you can catch HIV/AIDS by shaking the hand of one who is infected with it...

Truly, if you think there is nothing wrong with what you are saying and that you are innocently just trying to look out for your family - then why feel the need to LIE? If your motivations are noble, then you should not hesitate to tell your sister the TRUTH.
    Anonymous

• who said anything about HIV ANON 34? And its my duty to protect my child are you freakin serious!! If she didnt sleep around and took care of her child we wouldnt have this problem/ Why should I feel bad because I want to make sure my family stays healthy..so you can call it what you want but it sounds like you and my sister may be alike and thats why youre so offended.
    Anonymous

• I think you should let her come. Her child had ringworm 3 weeks ago, it should be cleared up by now - and it's an infection that most kids have at one point or another anyway. There's no infection that she's going to leave in your tub - if you're really concerned about it, a little bleach kills anything. She's your sister, let her visit!

Answer by missanc at 7:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• He has another ringworm on his fore head and he now has a fever....
    Anonymous

• It's pretty obvious that you don't want your sister to visit. So just tell her. Then she can get on with her life. And why do you care how many men she sleeps with? Afraid she will go after yours next?
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 8:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009