Holding and seperation

My 6 month old son will cry for the most part if he isnt being held. I pick him up and he is fine. Please keep in mind, that I do NOT always pick him up. I will let him cry if that is indeed all he wants. I have a 9yr old to take care of too plus house hold things to do. He will only take 10-15 min cat naps so I cant get things done then.

Then to top it all off, he throws a HUGE fit if I walk out of his sight. It doesnt matter if I go to the kitchen or upstairs to grab something. He screams. Now, when I leave the house he doesnt do it. But he is with his daddy then, so I dont know if daddy has his attention to even realize Im gone.

He gets up around 7 everyday and usually in bed by 8-9. He just started to sleep through the night last week.

Im tired.

TLW514

Asked by TLW514 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is normal. He loves you. He needs you. Give him the love he needs. Ignoring him won't make him any better. He will only learn that you won't be there for him when he needs you.
    He will only be a baby for a very short amount of time. Relax on the cleaning. Take care of your baby. If you don't do it right the first time around there won't be a second chance.
    Anonymous

• He's normal. DO you have a sling or carrier> It will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Google separation anxiety and get a sling.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 9:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Does he have toys that interest him? or try putting him in a highchair that way he can still see you while you do other things, and you can still interact but without so much contact.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 10:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• A sling (ring slings are popular but there are many types), wrap (like a moby -- secure but has a bit of a learning curve), or carrier like a mei tai (very simple to use).

He's behaving normally. The carriers will allow you to go about your business while he is secure.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2009