Does anyone know someone with a strawberry birthmark that went away

My DD has a strawberry on her face and I was just wondering if any of you have been through the same thing and did it go away on its own or did they have to have surgery?

HuggiesMom

Asked by HuggiesMom at 7:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter had a small one on her neck when she was born. It's still there but it faded, got smaller. It's very small. I wouldn't consider having surgery over it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Let it go for now. most will fade on their own. My daughter had one on her back it's completely gone now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I know someone who has one and it never went away, didn't even get smaller.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My granddaughter wasn't born with one, but it showed up on her scalp when she was about a month old and kept swelling and getting bigger. Her pediatrician said that they tend to shrink by the time the child is 10 years old. She is 10 months old now and it has already shrunk so that it is no longer puffy and it is the size of a dime.
    Your child's pediatrician should be keeping an eye on hers to be sure it doesn't block her eyesight, but otherwise, they will just leave it alone until after then are 10 years of age generally.
    Check with her pediatrician to be sure.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I had one on my back, it was a raspberry birthmark, really dark in my younger years, and by the time I was 6 or 7 it had faded to a more strawberry shade, and by the time I was 15 it was hardly noticable.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I HAD A STRAWBERRY ONE ON MY BUTT AND IT WENT AWAY WHEN I WAS 3.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My son had one on hip and it's really faded now so you really can't see it as much when he was a baby.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Both my kids had them DDs was between her eyes and over one eyelid. Hers went away, it was never raised or anything. Both my kid have them on the back of their necks that runs in my family. They never go away but sometimes gets lighter
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2009