21 days past ovulation...........

and still no period. Besides pregnancy what else could be up? I don't think I have any cycts, I have had them before and it was painful but I am not in pain right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Go get a blood test.

It's possible you miscalculated your ovulation, but that would be a deucedly long cycle. I'd see the doc.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Do you know for sure that you ovulated? Around 14 days after ovulation, if no conception, you should get your period...it's inevitable....unless you have a progesterone problem. Your progesterone rises immediately after ovulation due to the follicle that ovulated the egg (turns into a corpus luteum cyst that produces progesterone). If the egg is not fertilized, progesterone drops around day 13 or 14 and you get your period.

Have you taken an HPT? Do you chart your temps? I'd go to the doctor at this point and get a blood test if you are positive that you ovulated!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 1:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• OP here I ovulated on the 12 or 13 according to my BBT chart, there was a vary clear jump in temps and they are still above base line. I know it will sound silly but no I have not tested yet, we have been trying for 18months and I don't want to get my hopes up if the high temps could be something else.......I don't think I could handle seeing another bfn right now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Have you taken a test yet??? If your temps are still up...ummmmm....that's a good sign! lol If you haven't tested yet, GO get a test!!

If you still aren't sure, I'd be happy to take a look at your chart!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 5:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2009