wine vs. beer

I know many many women who will have a single glass of wine in the evenings; either with dinner or while cooking dinner. Im not a big fan of wine. I am a fan of microw brews and will often have a single beer while making dinner. How come when I mention this in conversation I get a completely different reaction than when my girlfriends say they have a glass of wine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmm not sure. Have you ever tried red wine? It's actually good for you! Keeps you young, in moderation of course. Try Pinot Noir it's smooth not bitter. Beer is loaded with calories and will make you feel bloated.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Because people seem to think that beer is low class... It's not. It's an attitude that dates back to a time when only the rich could afford wine. Today, it's just as affordable as ale/beer. But beer is still seen as "low class." Don't let it get to you! I'm allergic to wine and can't drink it, so on the off chance that I do have a drink it's an Old Milwaukee, and nothing less!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• mlm0503 - yes we go wine tasting often (we live near an area known for wine) but i simply prefer a nice glass of amber. I do agree about the calories... luckily Im a runner so I burn those off easily.

sabrina - im thinking your on to something. gosh the beer i drink is not cheap... good but not what i would consider low class.
    Anonymous

• i like both...i can get sloppy drunk off wine though because i dont know its effecting me until i'm at the end of the bottle. It just taste so good and i can drink it so fast. I like the sparkling wine or spumante...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I don't like plain wine.....it has to be a spritzer.
    Beer makes me gag - even the smell makes me gag.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:47 AM on Dec. 4, 2009