any of u ever go through this?

I have 4 kids, 1 by my ex and 3 by my husband. he also has 2 kids by his ex, so in total we have 6 kids. My husbands 2 kids live with their mother and are 14 and 19. Recently my son (who is 5) asked me if when he gets older will he have to go live with a different family to like (his sister) and (his brother) (i dont want to put names). I was so hurt and upset that he would think this and I tried the best I could to explain the situation which he accepted for the time being but I have a feeling it will come up again. Have you gone through this? what did u do? what would u do or say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I personally dont have multiples but i understand where he is coming from. Just remind him that he is home and he isnt going anywhere, maybe explain to him that sister and brother have a different mothers. Its ok if it comes up again they dont remember every little thing lol remind him that families come in all different shapes and sizes. Maybe get a book to read with him about children of divorce? he might be able to relate and feel more comfortable/safe.
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 10:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2009