Should I make an appointment with the ped?

My dd is almost 3 months and she has a bloody spot in her( eye when she moves her eye a certain way you can see it.) It looks like a broken vessel.. but how could that have gotten there? Is this something to be concerned about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could have been just from a sneeze, cough, etc. It shouldn't worry you too much, but I bet you will feel better if you call the doc tomorrow to ask. If it is a broken blood vessel, it could actually look a little larger before it resolves. So, don't be surprised.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• thank you! I will just keep an eye on it !!
    Anonymous

• I worked in ophthalmology for 7 yrs, what you are describing is not serious. Sneezing coughing, or even straining during a bowel movement can cause a blood vessel in the eye to burst. However, if it doesn't start to clear in the next few days, or if there is an mucous discharge from the eye, that's when a call to the doc would be smart...
    Anonymous