Help! My 11 month old hates beeing in his stroller!

My 11 month old son dosn't want to sit in his stroller, he goes ballistic if I try to sit him in.... He cry, kick & scream! People look at me like I'm crazy! like I'm torturing him!!!

He's fine as soon as I pic him up, but I can't carry him all the time! I don't even know when did this become a habit, but WHAT DO I DO NOW????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd go crazy if there were bees in my stroller, too.
    JoyeAustin

Answer by JoyeAustin at 8:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Huh?
    Anonymous

• Get a sling =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Ergo, or beco... SOOO worth the money. For less you can get a mei tei and it's very similar.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 9:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My kids didn't like getting strapped into the stroller wither, but would settle down once it was moving . . . . I also use a moby wrap and I agree - SO worth the money!! Carrying them, even in a sling or wrap, isn't always the most convenient thing though - - maybe try toys in the stroller with him?
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Some strollers just look uncomfortable and I wouldn't want to sit in them either.

A sling, wrap, or some kind of carrier (a mei tai is one of the simplest to use) and will leave you hands free. More portable than a stroller that's for sure.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Wearing babies is weird.

My son hated stollers for a while too. He eventually got over it, Just let him cry and eventually he'll stop or fall asleep. Mine almost always cried till he fell asleep, which was normally why he was crying anyways, cause he was tired.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I hate it when people look at me in public when my baby is crying. What do they expect me to do? I get looks if my son is just "singing" and making noise. What am I supposed to do to shut him up? He's a baby! Anyways, I have an 11 month old that absolutely hates his car seat, but i just put him in there with a sippy cup and tell him i'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do. He hates being strapped down anywhere cuz he'd rather be walking around getting into everything and exploring. But babies aren't in control of their own lives yet. Just put him in, bribe him with a cracker or sippy or binky, and hopefully he settles down once you start moving. I guess we just have to ignore the stares!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Mine was the same way! We used a baby backpack.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• How is wearing babies weird? That's like saying holding babies is weird.

Strollers are weird. Really,unless you are going on a very long trek where a stroller will allow you to jog, or carry a lot of items they aren't needed. I've seen people spend 10 minutes unpacking a huge travel system, snapping in a baby seat, trudging 1 block to their destination, and come back five minutes later to unpack the whole thing. I've also seen people hauling around an infant carseat with a baby that is fully awake and alert looking like they themselves can barely walk with it. It's also painful to watch people get on a bus with a huge stroller. WHY?

Just pick up the baby!

I use a moby wrap for when I'm going to be out a while and i know she'll want to sleep and nurse. But sometimes if its a short trip I just pick her up and carry her without it. If I'm going for a long jog/power walk I have a jogging stroller.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:59 AM on Dec. 4, 2009