Do you get Christmas pics done every year for your child?

This is my daughter's 2nd Christmas and we are going Sunday to Babies R Us.

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We almost got nailed at sears for 280 bucks for some auto focused shots of our newborn. I had a coupon for 35 photos for 8.99 but you could only choose one pose so that what we did. 280bucks just for pictures is a little steep. They know new parents are suckers and nail you for it. They turned one of her pics to B&W and wanted us to pay 25 dollars for the "effects" and then 9.99 for the actually photo. THAT TAKES ONE CLICK ON WALMART.com. They make picture taking so easy now a day and from now on out thats what we are doing. Especially for holidays when you have xmas trees and easter eggs you can use as props.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Well, this will be my son's first Christmas, but we actually got them done today, and I plan on getting them every year, along with others throughout the year, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• We never has! Why waist the money? Those pictures are really expensive, and all they do is sit in a box in a closet somewhere...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I don't think it's worth spending the money to have pictures done in a studio unless you are doing something creative and special that requires a professional's touch. Otherwise, I think it's a good idea to take a family pic outside the house, infront of the tree, or with a nice clean wall for a back drop.... Most cameras have timers now or you could have a friend take it for you. Then just go to CVS or Walmart and use the machine to print out what you want and send it... or upload it to a site online that sends out special holiday cards...
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 9:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I don't photograph well;o) Target does a better job; we tried our own one year because the children were not in a cooperative stage and I didn't like them. We just do family photos though.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i get them done soemtime around christmass he is a new years eve baby so it serves as a yearly pic and a christmass pic which is great then his daycare does school pics in the summer and we do haloween pics too
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 9:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• We do Christmas pictures as a family. He is 2 and a half, so this will be the third year. His birthday is in June and we do those also. The first year we did every 3 months, now just twice a year.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 9:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yes, of the kids, not of us.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I haver every year since my DD was six months old. This year I haven't and I feel really guitly about it. I'm going to do some at home on my home and hope they come out well
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Nope. But we do a family portrait every or every other year for Christmas cards. And we don't pay any more than any other time of the year - I just like to send out a recent photo if I'm going to send one out.
    Anonymous