Pregnant while on Mirena?

So, I was wondering if any of you guys have gotten pregnant while on the Mirena IUD.

My DD was born in July and I had the Mirena placed Sept. 1st. I am now having a lot of pregnancy symptoms! Nausea, heavy boobs, the aches, and headaches (I had them often with DD). However, I have taken 2 tests and both were neg. Also, I am on an antibiotic, I know that if your on the pill it can have some effect on the birth control. Is this still true for the Mirena?

Any help would be great! Thanks for the advice.

LSteckowski

Asked by LSteckowski at 9:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont know. I had Paraguard IUD in when i became pregnant with this baby. Im now almost 20weeks pregnant. I missed a period and tested and got a negative 2 differnt times. I didn't get a positive until i was almost 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. I had the IUD removed when i went to my OB at 8 weeks. I had the IUD in for almost a year before i got pregnant and had no problems with it al all. It was as soon as i stopped breastfeeding is when i became preg.
    Anonymous