my daughter is 2 1/2 months and today she has spit up 6 times compared to maybe once or twice a WEEK..its smells sour, i breastfeed, any ideas???

spitting up..

Asked by babylambsmomma at 12:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What have YOU been eating that might upset her tummy? Garlic? Tomato sauce? Chocolate? What YOU eat affects the baby if your breast feeding. I had to learn that the hard way 20 years ago. No garlic, no pizza, no chocolate, hot sauce, peppers, cucumbers....everyone's baby is different.

Answer by vbruno at 1:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My daughter did the same thing.. the doctor told me after i feed her, hold her upright for 10-15 to let it settle in her tummy.

Answer by AylasMommy08 at 3:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• it sounds like something u might have ate or she might not be getting burped good enough . my daughter did the same thing alot of times she wouldnt burp for me and she ended up lettin a little burp along with it came milk and it really smelled sour.good luck

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Call your doctor and see what they say. My SIL breast feeds and her baby was spitting up too. The doc told her that her baby had acid reflux.

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• could be acid reflux. my son had it so bad, but when it was finally diagnosed he was about 4 months old, and his dr said either start him on solids or give him meds. we started him on solids and it helped SO much. i would watch it for a few days, if she starts to sound congested and continues to spit up all the time then i say it is a safe bet that it is acid reflux.

Answer by kissmiss213 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2008