my 3 y/o's vagina is bleeding

this is the 3rd time in 6 months she's had this problem..the 1st 2 i was pretty sure it was a uti, the doctor tested her urine...and no uti...well it's happening again, she complains that it hurts when she pees, when i wipe her it is pinkish on the toilet paper, and she has peed in her pants twice...she's been potty trained for almost a year. what could be going on? i'm calling her ped in the morning

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• OMG people!! The OP said she is a SAHM and is with her child 24/7. This child is NOT being sexually abused.

OP: It does sound like an infection of some sort, I would take her to an urgent care or walkin clinic and not wait until morning.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Omg please don't get offended but....I have heard of this in the past through a mutual friend and it turned out the child had been sexually abused. Im sorry if I scared you but I had to tell you. Is she ever alone with men?
    Anonymous

• op here-
    no, she is with me 24 hours a day, i'm a sahm and am always with her
    Anonymous

• i dont want to scare you and i hope to God that this isnt the case, but do you think that someone might have touched her sexually?
    Anonymous

• ok, sorry, i mustve been typing as u were typing. thank God.
    Anonymous

• maybe she has a foreign object in her body, like a piece of tissue?
    Anonymous

• OP here
    i looked at it really good but idk i don't see anything and like i said it's the 3rd time in 6 months! my poor baby is so pitiful
    Anonymous

• That was going to be the same thing I was going to say... Sexual abuse...

Either way I would call the doctor - EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS! It could be something serious.

But be warned that they are going to assume sexual abuse at first too. They will check her for it. They have to. But you don't want to avoid the doctor because of that, doing that could mean that what ever the issue is, gets worse!

While rare, it could be cancer, juvenile endiametriosis (sp), or other serious issues. Get her checked. If you have to, get her to the ER... Don't risk it, just go!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• You may also want to talk to your own gyn if your ped isn't giving you a good answer. There have been situations where a child has a very odd rush of hormones, and has what mimics a period. Although she's obviously not in puberty, it's a freak occurance. Mention it to your ped.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Wow Thank God! Well I dont know what it could be? I would def call the Dr.!
    Anonymous