I need advice - can anyone help me?

If you know that someone had been receiving Medicaid, and was still receiving it 7 months after they began working full time because they never reported that they were working at all, would it be right to 'turn them in' or let the state find out for themselves eventually?

Would your feelings change if this person was a close member of your family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What they are doing is wrong, and just because they can't afford health care doesn't mean they have the right to steal it. However, I certainly wouldn't worry about it, nor would I turn them in. They will get caught, and it'll suck for them.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• When they find out they will be in a TON of trouble. My mothers loser husband did this for only 2 weeks and when the state found out they sued him. It will be much easier if they state found out. Besides if you are afraid on the consequences then you dont do the action simple as that. I wouldnt know what to do if it was a family member, hard choice but the sooner the state finds out the better for those people.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• of**
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Medicaid is healthcare, do you think it is ethically right for a person to go without substantial health care because they can't afford it? Whether or not they have a job does not mean that they can pay the cost of health insurance and often medicaid will drop you for having any income at all. It's an unfortunate situation, but wouldn't you rather the person and their children be able to seek a doctor's care when needed instead of dying from something that could have been simply treated?
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 9:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• either way you are paying for them. them more they dupe the state the more they dupe you.............does that not piss you off. family or not.................they are doing something wrong. dont worry you are the one paying for it
    Anonymous

• Do you mean that they are working "under the table", or that they just didn't tell medicaid that they were working? B/c if they are paying taxes on their earnings, the truth will eventually come out anyway when they do their taxes and there's no reason to get in the middle. But it should clue you in to what kind of person this is, and you should take that into account from now on...
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 9:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i would say its none of ur business so stay out of it and quit being nosey worry about yourself
    Anonymous

• Why is this a problem for you? Do you feel they shouldn't have health care? If this is not their very first job, then they also paid into the system that supports this. It's all tracked through social security numbers, so as long as they have that and are working an above board job (not under the table) they will recieve a letter in the mail from medicaid.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I would not turn them in! With all due respect it isn't any business of yours. They will get caught eventually! I knew someone who got caught and had to pay back $8,000!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Have you ever sold something on craigslist or have a yard sale. Did you claim that money as income on you tax return. Did someone rat you out??.... Yes cheating the system does cheat all of us but dude turning someone in for healthcare??? I could see if they were lying and claiming there animals as children and collecting a monthly check but health insurance???
    Anonymous