for Mommas who have been on the pill and then went off to TTC...

what was your period like after you stopped taking it? did you even get a period that first month after stopping the birthcontrol?

I'm currently over a week late for my period, this was my first month off the pill...I have taken 4 tests over the past week (last one on monday) all were NEG.

not sure what's going on!?
thanks in advance!

carliemarie1015

Asked by carliemarie1015 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it can take your body a little while to readjust. Eat well, drink a lot of water, take good care of yourself.

It's always best to err on the side of caution when you aren't sure if you are pregnant. Start taking your prenatals just in case.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• thanks for the advice!! I'm having symptoms...but negative tests! lol I "feel" pregnant, but still have a little doubt in my head.

but thanks, I should defiantely start taking those!!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I was on the pill for five years. After the pill I would say that my cycles were more regualted than before. I did get a period about a month or so after going off the pill, but I did not start ovulating for about eight months after going off of it. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I was on the pill for about 10 years before we ttc our son. My cycle was all messed up, and I didn't always get my period, it was kind of hit or miss. I went to the Dr. to see what was going on and why I wasn't getting pregnant. I found out that I had a hormone imbalance and that's why I wasn't getting pregnant. I had to go back on bc to regulate my cycle and after I got it straightened out, I got pregnant! Our son is now 11 years old, and the joy of our lives!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2009