Help! could he be teething? *bowel related tmi-nothing too graphic*

my son, andy, turned 3 on sunday. for 2 days he has been running a fever that i cant get rid of. last night it was 101. today it has been between 100 and 101. i have been alternating tylenol and motrin and nothing is helping. he has a drs appointment tomorrow. he has not had any other symptoms other than runny bowel movements. he has been having loose stools for about 2-3 weeks but he was on antibiotics about 3 weeks ago so i thought it was related to the meds. then he came off the meds and it hasnt stopped. he is a special needs child so he cant communicate what is wrong to me-whether its his teeth or he just doesnt feel good so all i have to go off us is his behavior. he has been chewing on things alot lately but that is nothing new (im getting him tested for autism-i dont know if that could be related to his chewing but i figured it would put it out there). ugh i am so frustrated! lol. could he still be teething at this age

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Talk about all of this with his doctor tomorrow. Make a list right now of all of your concerns, go ahead I'll wait, yes I mean right this minute write a list of everything.

See, I told you I'd wait till you were done. =)

Now when you see the doctor tomorrow read everything on your list. Don't let him poo-poo anything, explain your concerns.

Oh did you put the list in your purse right away? Somewhere you'll see it and remember it? Go do that now.

As for my opinion, and mind you I'm not a doctor. It could be he has some kind of infection, perhaps in his ears, nose or throat. But I'm just another mom on the internet, keep the doctor appointment tomorrow and don't forget your list!

Have a good night and good luck to you! I hope your little guy feels better soon!
    Anonymous

• He may indeed be cutting teeth, but it is very normal for them to have lose bowels for up to a month after the antibiotic is done. Low grade fever, rash, lose bowels all signs of cutting teeth as well. I would make sure they check his ears as well.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2009