Lazy dad

How can I get my SO to do more around the house and with our son without making it seem like I'm bitching? I'm kind of tired of having this conversation but if he doesn't get it soon some very big changes are going to be made. But I'm not one to make threats either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• If you find out the secret, let me know.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• lol will do...glad to know I'm not alone.
    Anonymous

• My SO was over my shoulder reading this, and said "deja vu"
    I wish I could give you advice, but I'm in the same vote as you. Hope things work out for you!!
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 11:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Wow I wish I had some advice for that, if my hubby was awake I'd ask him. Mine is great about spending time with the kids and helping me around the house, I know part of it is that he wants to be able to be a better dad than what he had, he hardly ever got time with his dad so he wants to play with the kids and have a good relationship with them and let them know they are loved. And he helps me because it shows that he loves, supports and respects me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• This is what I did and it worked for my SO. I stopped doing anything that helped him. Like his laundry, his dishes, buy what he liked at the store, etc. I did however tell him in advance if he couldnt help me then I can't hlep him and told him what I would do about it. Needless to say...........I WIN!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 3:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2009