How long after you lost your mucus plug did labor start for you?

I lost my mucus plug yesterday and was just wondering how long until labor will begin. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 6 weeks.
    You can lose your plug more than once. I lost mine 3 times
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i was already in labor for a few hours then i lost my mucus plug, i had dd several hours later.
    Anonymous

• i've lost it 4 times, the most recent time being a few days ago, and nothing. then again i'm only 33 weeks so my body must know it's not time yet and it keeps growing back. how far are you? ive heard if you're further along and lose it, you experience cramping sometimes the same day and labor starts shortly after the cramping. that's just what i've read here on cm though...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks and 2cm dilated. The big blog came yesterday and it was brownish in color. A couple of times today, wiping after using the bathroom, I noticed more blobby stuff (much smaller amount) that is also brownish.
    Anonymous

• With in twenty four hours.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I lost my on a Friday and went into labor on the following Tuesday. I was 39 weeks.
    Anonymous

• lol conflicting answers there .. why you ask.. because 50 % of women that lose their plug dont go into labor and 50 % do it really means nothing it's not really a big sign that your going into labor anytime soon ... what you should watch out for is your bloody show thats a good indicator or your water breaking obviously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• it depends i lost mine 2wks before i went into labor
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 12:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Weeks. It can regenerate when you lose it early. I think I lost the first in pieces around 37weeks (born 40w3d), and starting losing my plug the second time at about 35 weeks (born 40w2d).
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 12:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Lost it on a Sun night. Had baby Wed morning
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2009