Something weird just happend!!! I'm scared!!!

My whole body got tense adn felt like when you pinch a nerve and my eyes felt like they bugged out or rolled back. I was laying there dozing asleep when it happend. What could this mean? Pulse is normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Health

• My friend's sister had this happen to her, but on a much much larger scale (she was temporarily paralyzed). It ended up being a folic acid deficiency!

I would go to the doctor ASAP!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• maybe you caught yourself dozing off. Do you have a history of seizure or does anyone in your fam? What you are describing sounds like a seizure but i dont know if you would know yourself if you were having one.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i had seizures when i was in my teens and the way my fam described them is they would say my whole body would get stiff and my eyes would roll into the back of my head...sometimes i would have really bad ones and convulse and bite my tounge
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I've never had a seizure and nobody else in my family either. I do not think it was me dozing because it flat out scared me. I would have gone to the ER but I have clinicals in the morning. (Nursing student does not = know it all so that's why I asked. ;) )
    Anonymous

• Yes, but people don't realize they're having seizures when they're having them. The OP was fully aware. Maybe it was just a reflex. One time I was dozing off and my leg flew up in the air twitching.
    Anonymous

• i would also like to add that i started sensing them coming on because i would start feeling very sleepy and i would slur my speech and i would flutter my eyes
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• do you think that maybe you have been studying too hard?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Oh yea, you can sense them coming on. It's like you go drunk and blank out. Other than that though. You can't "feel" yourself having a seizure.
    Anonymous

• sounds like a siezure, also lack of folic acid.
    Anonymous

• I have been really stressed. I thought it might be high blood pressure but everytime it's taken it's below average. I am obese and have started retaining a bit of fluid w/ pitting. It just really freaked me out because it was a wave and it was this weird tingling like when you pinch your nerve in your hand or something.
    Anonymous