This may be gross but I'm a little worried...

I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first and I got a call Monday that my prenatal results came back abnormal and now i have to go in for a liposcopy (?) I don't know the exact name but a scraping of my cervix and then they're going to test the results blah blah...well tonight i went pee and had what looked like chunks of discharge (gross i know,sorry) and a little blood on them, and then a little blood when i wiped, RED blood. I've been to the bathroom a couple times since and nothing...i was really sick today with diarhea (yuck sorry this is so graphic) and i'm not actually sure where this came from..my vagina or butt...could this be from dehydration? Or an infection...or any ideas for this insanely gross occurence?

babychappellmom

Asked by babychappellmom at 11:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This happened during my first pregnancy, but nothing during my second and nothing with my current third...... it ended up being nothing, but you are always better off getting checked ASAP! If it came out of the #2 area, then it is probably hemorroids.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Are you sure you aren't having a miscarriage? Blood and tissue are signs of that... Are you feeling cramps, or sharp pains? And what was "abnormal" about your tests? Honestly, if this continues into the morning, call the doc ASAP. It doesn't sound healthy...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• It's normal to bleed a little during your pregnancy, but chunks sounds like a miscarriage.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Okay chunks of discharge..... were they milky white chunks or dark brownish red chunks? Cause pink streaked WHITE mucus discharge is normal as long as it is not accompanied by cramping and then heavy period like bleeding. NOW dark brownish red chunks would be miscarriage. Have they diagnosed you with HPV?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I haven't had any other signs of blood since that one time. It wasn't chunks of blood. It was whitish like globs with only a little blood on them and i have no cramping. Why do you ask about HPV?? :) would that cause this? thanks ladies..
    babychappellmom

Answer by babychappellmom at 12:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I asked about HPV because that is usually what a cervical scraping is for. They also do a Colposcopy. Like I said before whitish globs pink streaks can because by several things. Sex is usually the main cause, or a vaginal exam by your ob/gyn can irritate your cervix and cause a little spotting. I think you are fine and shouldn't worry unless you begin cramping.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2009