please tell me im not the only one who can't use a can opener?

yes im dead serious! I don't know what happened, I've been opening cans just fine since as far back as I can remember, and now I've gone retarded or something. The only thing I can blame it on is pregnancy brain but it can't be that because it's my 3rd pregnancy. I have all kinds of problems with them, sometimes I won't hear the "click" no matter what I do, and I have to just turn it til it latches on, then it turns all sideways and only opens like half the can and misses some spots. Then I have to grind it back and forth on the spots that were missed so I can open the damn thing. I've even had to buy a new can opener because I broke the last one. WTF is wrong with me!? Am I the only idiot who cannot open a f*cking can? :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Heck its easy. All you gotta do is yell "HONEY" It works in my house everytime. I yell and less than 2 mins later, cans are opened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• btw i'm really bored which is why im talking about my can opening disability...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• LOL....maybe you have a crappy, cheapy made can opener. If it makes you feel better, I suck using a peeler I just bought...it won't peel a damn thing....on top of that the sharp thing broke. LOL...last time I'll buy a flimsy peeler for less than $2.
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• lol i'm not good with peelers either! i'm a lefty and it takes like 10 minutes for me to peel one potato! maybe im just not good with small kitchen appliances!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• They make lots of things for left handed people, like scissors and can openers. Maybe one of those will help. (I know this because my mom and 2 of my sisters and my DH are all left handed) I'm right handed, but in my family I'M THE ODD ONE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• haha I CANNOT use those can openers that on the side of the can. I just mangle the cans. I can only use the ones that go on top and leave the sharp edges.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• LOL me too! I even bought a nice Kitchenaid one and all I do is wreck the can so it's impossible to open!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• "Retard" Is NOT A NICE WORD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Unfortunately, you're not the only one and I'm currently not pregnant, so i can't even use that excuse! You made me laugh!!!
    babynurse244

Answer by babynurse244 at 4:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My boyfriend bought me an Orbi not long ago. He got tired of the 'Honey" thing. I will never go electric again. It moves smooth and cuts from the side so if its something I need to drain like Tuna its a lot easier and I dont have to fish the lid out afterwards. It does take a little getting used to. Never sure if it has taken hold of the can and when you do finnish opening you have to turn it backwards just a bit to releas it. Then you have to pull the top right off. My can openrs would last me maybee a few moths each. Ive had this one 2 years now. OOOOH yeah. The realy big econemy size cans. They are as easy as a small cn with this.
    Roharn

Answer by Roharn at 5:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2009