Baby poop ?

I just weaned my 3 month old to formula and she has only been pooping once a day and has not even went at all today, is that normal? should she be going more?

BellaBean23

Asked by BellaBean23 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes babies get constipated,especially since you are switching their food. There really isn't anything you can do for a kid so young. The doctors wont do anything either unless its been like a week. I wouldn't worry about it. If she doesn't go tomorrow then at night put her in a warm bath and rub her tummy in a circular motion. It worked for my baby. Its probably just the food transition.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Switching to formula caused the constipation because it is much harder to digest and can cause intestinal upsets. It goes with the territory.

You may want to pump to keep your supply up until you are absolutely sure that 1. s/he's not allergic to formula 2. You are sure you want to stop completely 3. If you decide to do 1/2 and 1/2
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• you can also try to move their little legs as if they are riding a bike. the movement seems to help things get moving.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• its normal ...babies that haven't had a change in diet also tend to change bowl habits in time.your baby's not constipated unless the poop is hard ...then yeah you can go to the dr or blame the formula ...my baby is 4 months and sometimes he gos 2 days without a poop and usualy he poops 1 time a day .
    babie113

Answer by babie113 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• It's fine that your baby isn't pooping everyday... a formula fed baby can go 3-4 days without pooping and it's just fine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I would suspect constipation from the formula. Is there any way for you to begin breastfeeding again? Human milk is a natural laxative and should help your little one to go.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2009