What should I say to my husband?

My husband told me he doesn't see our marriage as lasting and I would be happier with someone else. The reason being is that our sex life has been suffering lately and we are not as romantic as we used to be. He's not cheating and I know he still loves me. He thinks I don't love him and he thinks he deserves better. What should I say/do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont think he wants out,i think he is testing to see if you even still love him,you see men based our love for them on sex,so i wouldnt really think he wants out, ,just have a good talk with him.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• This, to me, sounds like HE wants out of the marriage. I would dig dig dig and if this is NOT the case and he is just testing you out of his own insecurity, then counseling can help (hopefully) get you to the bottom of what is really going on.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Tell him that you still love him and that the marriage isn't just based on your sex life. Every couple goes through a dry spot.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• maybe you should "do" him
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Is there a way you two can have a romantic night out together alone? If so, do that and when it's time for bedroom activities, wear something sexy...lingerie or costume....do some playrole...ummm....be seductive...Idk...lol...maybe some other mommas have better suggestions on being seductive than me. Just make things in the bedroom hot and spicey as you can.
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• 1- He does not want out

2-Thanks for replying and yes that is what I told him

3- I do "do" him but lately we just are not doing it every single day, I am 7 months pregnant......not really in the mood as much

4- We had a romantic night out alone on saturday, I thought it helped. He does want to do more roleplay but I'm just not feeling it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• its a lot harder when you're pregnant, you are getting to that stage where the belly starts getting in the way, I even remember a point where it began to hurt. I would talk to him about how much you love and desire him and let him know that being pregnant is effecting how often you are in the mood and what you are feeling up to. And like another mom said, sex isn't everything in a marriage. My hubby and I are approaching out 10 year anniversary and that mental/emotional connection is so much more important and makes us feel closer and more connected than just a lot of sex would
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Did you tell your hubby that? You're not in the mood due to being pregnant? Can you promise him or give him an IOU for mind blowing sex after having the baby? LOL
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Wow, he would throw away a perfectly good wife over sex life suffering and romance leaving? That's sad that he bases marriage on just that. Tell him to get over himself and to work on the good parts of marriage and don't dwell on the negatives.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Well if you 2 really love each other, you should find a way to work things out, try making your relationship more exiting and if you really having problems with your sex life, than find a way to make it fun. Now if he is not looking for you then he is not into you.
    dlioness26

Answer by dlioness26 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2009