• In the Spotlight:

Sinus help?

I have awful sinus problems. Pain across the bridge of my nose and that stuffy feeling that no matter how many times you blow your nose your not getting anything. This morning I had a nose bleed that lasted 20 min at least. Anybody have any suggestions as to what I can do to at least get temp relief. And for the record I have been on like 5 different Rx's over the years and it didn't help. The only thing that helps even a little bit is benedryl but that only helps with the headaches.

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Health

• Have you tried alka seltzer (sp) sinus and cold. Its the only thing that helps my dad and he has bad allergies. Also maybe a humidifier for the dryed nose?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• spicy foods often help clear sinuses, my hubby and I have done that when we feel stuffed up but can't blow anything out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• No dairy - it is mucus-producing.
    Drink lots of peppermint tea; peppermint is a great, natural decongestant.
    Use a neti pot every day.
    Sleep with a vaporizer. You can add crushed peppermint or eucalyptus or tee tree oil. Be sure to clean it every day.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Exactly what rkoloms said except I will add try Ocean or Ayr nasal spray(just in case a Neti doesn't work for you) to also lubricate the sinuses.Feel Better.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2009