For those of you on the pill, do you ever worry about it failing?

They say even when you take it perfectly every day on time, it still has like a small chance of failing. I feel like every day I take it, I am worried about getting pregnant. I take it at the same time every day because I have my cell phone alarm set. I used to have an IUD so an accidental pregnancy never even crossed my mind before, but now I feel like I'm gonna get pregnant. If I did, I would be happy, but this is just not a good time financially for us to plan to conceive... Any stories about getting preggo on the pill??

Butterflysky_24

Asked by Butterflysky_24 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My mother was taking BC and she had a tooth ache and she took some medicine and out popped me!!!! I did meet this one woman who was on the pill all 3 times that she got prego. She didn't say if she took medicine or anything....Why dont you get another IUD?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• too expensive! i dont have insurance anymore! the pill is only 9 dollars a month, and an iud is hundreds that i dont have!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Oh yea its like $600.00 bucks. Well maybe Christmas will bring good luck to you. I had blue cross blue shield before my husband went into the army. I was paying 130 a month had it for 3 months. The first month I went and got my IUD in and they covered all the expenses 100%. Your not penalized for canceling. If you are like super worried about it and things pick up financially get blue cross get you BC and cancel. Thats what I would do.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i knew 2 different people that got pregnant from it but they have been taking it for years. im pretty sure the longer u take it the more of a chance u have of getting pregnant on it
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i never did until i did lol i have a problem with estrogen,, so i had 97% instead of 99% then a couple weeks later oh shit im having a baby lol it happens but not to often i wouldn't worrie after my daughter was born i got marina and it sucks .. it works but i feel pregnant, bloated, sick ... gaining weight its shitty nothing is perfect im having it taken out next week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Thats how my DD got here!!! my pill failed!! now i am on the IUD-Mirena..and i still get scared that its gonna fail bcuz i hear stories about that failing also!! I am just fine with the Mirena so far..i have had it in for 1yr and 3months.
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i've gotten pregnant 3 times on birth control. one was ben. two was a miscarriage one the mini pill. and three was tristen on the minipill. i'm just a fertile mertile though and its hard for me to NOT get pregnant. lol.
    ben127

Answer by ben127 at 2:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I worried about it ALL the time. Which is why I stopped the pill years ago. I prefer methods I have to use "in the moment" because there's no forgetting.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:41 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• the last one was conceived on the pill. i dont trust Mirena, my hubby is an ER tech and has told me horror stories about girls who had their IUD float up to their LIVER because it wasnt done correctly! and then the shots, just screw you up completely, my friend has been off the shot for a year and has yet to have a period. another friend did the bar and she said it was annoying because she could feel it, i am quite partial to keeping myself on the pill. just plain simple and easy, and so if you are late, you either keep your legs closed or insist on using a condom, that's what my hubby and i do.
    Mavoreen

Answer by Mavoreen at 3:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I have been on the pill for 7 years and never had a problem. I sure got pregnant seconds after getting off the pill though lol I have been hours late, forgotten days, and still not had any worries. DH an I havent used condoms since like the first year, so no I never worry.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2009