ahhh big presentation due tomorrow!!! super nervous

i am more trying to distract myself and procrastinate but i need to memorize a paper by tomorrow for this big presentation in my comm class and i am very nervous...any tips for memorizing or a good presentation?

lmaines22

Asked by lmaines22 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Make good eye contact. Can you use note cards? I have found that rather than memorize the speech, presentation go better when I have an outline.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Note cards are very helpful when you can jot down the highlights of your speech.
    Practice, practice, practice! Practice alone, in front of a mirror, and in front of friends and family. Ask for their advice on how you can communicate better or present yourself more interestingly.
    Remember not to sound monotone, project your voice over the whole room, make eye contact with each person in the audience (or a few here and there), Smile when appropriate, don't have a 'wooden' body, and do NOT rush your speech.

I loved doing speeches in my communications course once I got over the fear of my initial speech and learned so much! I wish you well!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I agree, note cards with the highlights can be helpful. Also, I know you will be nervous, but don't rush. If you go too fast they will drop points for you. Just remember everyone else is just as nervous, so no one will judge you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2009