A trickle of blood for a week, but no period

I am having the strangest period I've ever had. My periods have always been somewhat irregular, but last month, I started on the 12th (which is early for me), ended on the 21st, then started again on the 27th (TWO in one month!), and that one lasted about 3 days. Then, this month I was almost two weeks late, then started spotting on the 27th, and have only been spotting since. Like, such tiny amounts that if I didn't look at the toilet paper I wouldn't have even known I was. Very light brown, little bitty bits of red, but no flow whatsoever. I took a PT - it was negative. What could be going on? Its been a week!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Health

• I've had things like that happen to me from missing my birth control pill and my first period after I gave birth to my son was messed up I spotted everyday for 17 days. I believe at the point the doc said it was a hormonal thing. When period blood is brownish it means that its old blood but I don't know if that really makes any difference as to whats wrong. I would suggest going to the doctor, and if thats not possible right now I would say try looking up information on a medical site and see what you can find there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Your thyroid could be off. Messes up your periods. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Have you been on any kind of birth control? These kinds of things have happened to me before. If you're really concerned go talk to your Gyno. It's quite normal for our cycles to get confused at times though.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2009