How do i tell my friend that i don't want to buy her baby clothes when she knows i'm looking for clothes?

Okay, i already have a boy and i saved all of his clothes hoping for another one however this one is a girl. So i get to go shopping for little girls clothes etc... i love the sal val as well as the other thrift stores to find great deals, and am not rich by any means, my friend wants to sell me her baby clothes her daughter is 9 months old however I don't exactly know if you guys will understand what i mean when i say this she dresses her like a rag a muffin. explination she always has stains on her shirts, the outfits never seem to match, they really don't have alot of money so i can understand that to some extent. However I don't want to buy her baby clothes and i don't know a nice way to tell her please help!

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Just tell her that this is your first little girl and you have always wanted to pick out her clothes and spoil her. She should leave it at that.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Sticky one, but basically be straight up. Tell her you are not interested. She may get mad..but then that will tell if she is really your friend. If she gets mad..its on her not you. I understand being broke. I also inderstand wanting the best second hand you can get..stains aren't included.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• say example "hey sally who are we kidding im not buying your babies clothes,every princess needs their own outfits" the end.lol hope i helped.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• The first response seems good. And it also seems like you can use that to be honest while not hurting her feelings. Just say you are excited about picking stuff out for a little girl. And maybe buy one or two things from her to be nice.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i would say exactly what ARMYWIFE2009101 said...this is my first little girl and i want to expierence first off of getting our little girl clothes brand new!! but thanks for trying to help! idk i am so blunt that i would say no im sorry but im very picky about my clothes and i just wouldnt put ANYTHING on my dd. thats what i would say.
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• She might have just told you once and she should just leave it at that. If you did not ask to buy her baby clothes, I don't think she should mention it again. If ever she did, just smile and tell her that you already have plans on where you'll be buying the clothes and just thank her for the offer. Then have a witty story in hand to steer the topic of buying her baby's clothing to something else.
    Lavander

Answer by Lavander at 3:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Nine months age difference would be tricky for the sizes to work out seasonally, I would think. Tell her that, and also tell her that since this is your first girl, you are excited about selected the items you think would look really cute on her and that you like the idea of shopping for her. The truth is always the best answer to give to anyone. Just try to choose your words carefully so as not to make her feel badly.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• just tell her that you want to look around first and see what you can find. but at this time you're not interested.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2009