surveys!!

For the last few nights, I keep getting interrupted when I'm on here. I use firefox, and have the WOT app. I just want to read a question, when I get a whole screen of WARNING, this site has a low rating. Then I get a survey that has the cm logo on the top, but the one that I did take, had nothing to do with cm. Why is this happening? If cm has a survey that they are offering to me, they can (and have) do it through email. Anyway, if I do nothing, it takes me eventually to my homepage, and then I have to find my question that I was reading again. I'm getting pretty frustrated by this. Any suggestions on how to stop it?

29again

Asked by 29again at 1:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Sounds like you have malware. Malware are popup ads that claim to be from lagit companies, and some are, that spam your computer to get you to do what they're asking. You need to a get malware remover.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• The surveys are from companies that have paid CafeMom to allow them to ask members to complete the survey. Along with the ads, they keep CafeMom free for users.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I have no problem with that. What I don't like is that I cannot skip the survey and go to wherever I was going. If I take the survey, I get sent back to my homepage. If I don't take the survey, I get sent back to my homepage. It is just irritating, and I feel they could set it up so that you can continue on to wherever you were headed, regardless of whether you take the survey or not. I don't mind the occasional survey.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I can't get that stupid survey to disappear either. How many times do I have to reject it before it realizes I don't want it?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2009