Disturbing question about miscarriage - TMI TMI TMI

This is a very touchy question that I have debated (heavily) whether to ask or not, but it is bothering me a lot. This question concerns miscarriages and what they look like, so if you do not want to hear detail, please stop reading.
I had a miscarriage when I was 19. I was young, stupid, and didn't really understand what was happening. But I was somewhere b/t eight and ten weeks along. I never went to the doctor, for the pregnancy OR after the miscarriage (yes, I know, stupid). But years later, I have been thinking back and wondering whether what I saw when I miscarried was "normal" or not. It doesn't seem to be.
I had pains so I went to the bathroom, and eventually a large, white "bag" came out, about the size of 2 small chicken eggs, end-to-end. No human features, nothing. Just a white, smooth, oblong form. Lots of little blood clots w/ it. I can't figure out what I saw. Was that what I should have seen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Health

• Hmm. You may have had a miscarraige, you may have had a gestational molar pregnancy. I am not sure if those ever resolve themselves.

http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/Notes/week2_2.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• OP - I researched molar pregnancies before, and they sound different than what I experienced. Those supposedly have a very bumpy texture to the tissue - mine was smooth and soft-looking, almost like a caccoon. I always thought that it must've been the gestational sac and the fetus was inside (I never looked, of course), till I learned that isn't exactly how those things work...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• When my mother describes her miscarraiges she describes them as a sack with a baby in them. She miscarried at four and five months though and the amniotic sack didn't rupture. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Anon: 27 here....I had a molar pregnancy and as far as I was told, I don't think it would have resolved itself. I am trying to remember (I have blocked a lot of it out.) I seem to recall being told I would have bled to death if I let it go. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Sounds like a Blighted Ovum(missed M/C) what I had earlier this year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• OP - I don't see how it could have been a "blighted ovum" - the sac was very large, like I said. It was at least 3 inches long and 1-2 inches wide. That seems very large for me to have miscarried very early on. From what I gather, as well, it was very large for even how far along I was (8-10 weeks)... Seems like some sort of defect, but I can't figure out which one. I REALLY want to know, now. It is bothering me that I was so stupid before and didn't investigate the causes or what happened any further. I was just too in shock, I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i recall mine being really gray and gross looking in general. small and almost greenish-gray.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2009