Betamethasone

I am 32 weeks now, went to the hospital yesterday for high bloodpressure, started having contractions. Gave me a shot of Betamethasone, go back tonight for the second dose. My legs are tingling, feel like they are asleep (heavy). Is this normal? Can't find anything online. I also got a shot of Tributerine too.

Snortne83

Asked by Snortne83 at 5:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It was probably from Terbutaline. I don't recall any moms telling me these effects from the betameth. Terbutaline acts on smooth muscle, so it relaxes the uterus to stop contractions. That means that other smooth muscles in the body may be affected, thus the heavinesss in your legs.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:31 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• What Kjrn79 said seems to make a lot of sense. I'd still let your doctor know so that they have all the information just in case it is a sign of something else.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2009