Is it just me or are some of these "fashions" a bit backwards?

I live in Las Vegas and I swear these “fashions” I see people wearing are so backward it isn’t even funny. For example in the summer when we have the 110 degree heat I will see big puffy ski jackets scarves and snow boots. I swear they look like they are ready for a blizzard.
Today it was 47 degrees when I went to Wal-Mart to get some water and the majority of girls I saw were in short shorts and tank tops!
Isn’t that a bit backwards? Shouldn’t they be in the warm jackets and scarves now and the shorts and tank tops in the summer? LOL Anyone else find as odd as I do?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, that is crazy!
    I know people look at me strangely here in VA when I am still dressing in light-weight clothing with no jacket in 40 & 50 degree temps, but that is because I grew up in ME where that type of weather is mild to me.
    I don't dress for winter in the summer, though...LOL....I would die of overheat exhaustion because it gets so hot and humid here!
    Some people are just crazy....lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• So true. But at least I know Im dressed for the weather. They can reeze or overheat all they want as long as im ok. lol
    Roharn

Answer by Roharn at 5:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• LOL Ditto . I would rather be the odd ball then catch acold or pass out from the heat LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• LOL They actually get an increase of people fainting in public because they havae to wear those puffy jackets. I just blows my mind people are this nuts LOL

I know what you mean about the 40 - 50 degrees. I lived in MN and WI and well people dont know cold LOL!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:04 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• LOL Pryd, that's how my DH is. Now that we're in GA, he just laughs when everyone pulls out their coats, gloves, and stocking hats because the temps hit the arctic temps of 45. I generally adjust to wherever I'm living. Next year you and I will probably be wearing the down parkas when it hits 40. LOL
    Were the girls in tanks and shorts maybe they wanting their nips to show? Maybe they're just skanky ho's.
    I'm more annoyed that all the 80's styles are back. That shit was hideous the first time around and now we're going to revisit it? The elastic in my legwarmers is shot. lol
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• LMAO
    I remember those leg warmers barely. I was 3 when the 80s ended LOL I still tho remember being put in those things. I told my husband just the other day " What they NEED to repeat the ugly fashions???" LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• we were in vegas a couple months ago, and i have to say vegas was filled with the freakiest freaks i have ever seen. ok let me say that again, the freakiest freaks i have ever seen.
    yes, the styles out now are horrible, all i can think of is cindy lauper or madonna during the material girl days. just ugly.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• LOL I know there are some wacko people here.
    I remember one day we were driving and we saw this black guy dressed up like flava flav (SP) and he was dancing on the corner adn pretending to smoke pot. My husband couldnt stop laughing!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:30 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Very backward. I hate the one with the adidas slippers and white socks. On anyone , I don't care if you are on the cheerleading team it looks ridiculous. Juicy on the a@@ is so slutty no matter how much you want to be smug about it, it looks so tacky. But as for everything else, everything goes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i'm from the south and i know what you mean about us putting on extra layers when it's 40 or 50, i can't handle cold weather that's why i'm staying in the south lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2009