Wives of scruffy men....

My husband shaves his face but not as often as most so he gets pretty scruffy and my daughter doesnt seem to like it much. When I ask for kisses she actually looks to make sure daddy doesnt see then she leans in for a kiss. When my husband tries for kisses she leans away because of his face LOL.
She will hug him like crazy but wont give him kisses. Do your kids do that as well? It makes him feel bad, He is tring to get in the habit of shaving more but he never really has before so it is more of me trying to remind him at least every other day LOL

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:55 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son doesn't seem to mind my husband's beard, but I remember being a kid and HATING when men would try to give kisses when they had rough faces. Or even worse, raspberries on the belly from a scruffy face! Maybe it's her sensitive little girl skin :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• When our daughter was that age my husband did not HAVE to shave for work so he had quite the beard. Chloe did not mind because he would tickle her with it so she just thought it was a game :) Ugh, his beard is WAY worse when he DOES shave because by the time he comes home from work it feels like sandpaper on my face and it hurts :( I PREFER for him not to have to shave EVERY stinkin day!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• my husband always has a scruffy face and it hasn't stopped his step daughter from kissing him. although our NB looks at him funny but not sure that has anything to do with the beard.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• yep yep my daughter dose that lol i have to remind him all the time!
    Zandrialeann

Answer by Zandrialeann at 4:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009