Lost Virginia EBT card?

My husband lost our EBT card and we've looked everywhere and called all the local stores we shop at trying to find it, with no luck. There's a 1-800 number, but you have to have your card number to go farther than the language option. We tried calling DSS and they just gave us that number twice and told us that we had to call it. Where in the world am I supposed to find my card number to report the card lost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• if it doesn't have a talk to an operator option, or a report lost or stolen card, start swearing and cussing and press the * and the # and then a bunch of numbers,all automatic phone systems have software that detects swear words and upset tones in a voice and they get you through to an operator. I read this tip in Reader Digest and it really works!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I dont know if it's the same as TN but I know I've lost my EBT plenty of times. Call the number and see if they have an option to talk to somebody. If they do pick that one and then they can pull your information up with your SS# and will be able to get a new card to you. Good luck.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• It doesn't have an option to talk to anyone. The first thing you get is the language option and then it goes straight to asking for the card number.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Maybe your card number is on your bill/statement? An account number should work I would think. Good Luck.
    DeannaBrady

Answer by DeannaBrady at 8:40 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• your card number might be on a store receipt along with your ebt food stamp balance and your ebt cash balance. i panic if i even think i have lost my card. good luck!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• TRY CALLING YOUR SOCIAL WORKER, OR LOOK FOR REPORT LOST NUMBERS ONLINE..HOPE IF SOMEONE FINDS IT TO RETURN IT TO THE ADDRESS LOCATED ON THE BACK OF THE CARD..I DUNNO IF YOURS HAVE AN ADDRESS, MINES DOES..GOOD LUCK.
    mom_of2angels13

Answer by mom_of2angels13 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2009