Any Sicilians here?

I get pist about that rumor of Sicilians. Really though, is it true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hope this is not a troll. Sicilians are great people. I married a half sicilian and they really care about their women and treat them with respect!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• everything you hear about a sicilian is true, i am one. come talk to me about it privately so i can set you straight.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I am not a troll! I am Sicilian! lol But ppl from other parts of Italy that I know havemade the comment that Sicily isnt even a part of Italy and we are considered Black. I want the truth that's all! I did ask my family but they saiy it's a lie. I just want an honest opinion!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• that's so funny, i get mistaken for being half black all the time. must be my junk in my trunk and this sicilian afro. my brothers both used to get mistaken for mexicans or puerto ricans, but now they get mistaken for middle easterners/muslims. the last wedding we had in our family looked like a group from the set of the soprano's.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Funny cause I am def built like a black girl! lol But my skin is light and my hair is poker straight. Oh well I love me so I guess it doesnt matter. Thx!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i have no idea how true that is today. but yes, that is true, sicilians were considered the lesser race of the italian culture in europe. my maternal grandmother was sold at around 12 to a wealthy Italian family from the mainland. she worked as a domestic slave until her arranged marriage around 1928. she was a sicilian slave, so yeah, they are considered what Americans would know as "black".
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I am Sicilian & proud of it! My big family is made up (heritage wise) of Italians from many different places. We have an uncle from Northern Italy, (was born there) which by the way (I know this for a fact because I went there when I was 16) comes from a family which is all blondish haired & light eyed. Very different look than me, I'm dark haired and dark eyed. My father was like that and some of my cousins on his side. Now my mother's family was from the Naples area. Another different look. But I know exactly what you meant jewjewbe when you talked about "the wedding looking like the cast from Soprano's"... lol by the way! We look like that too and at funerals too!!!.. But like I said, we are still very proud of our Sicilian/Italian heritage and wouldn't want to have come from anywhere else

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• As far as I know,most of my family is from Naples.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2009