worst mommy moment?

so lets share our WORST mommy moments! No judging and you can post anon.. none of us are perfect so lets hear it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• last night for example.....my baby was crying i wad giving my older child a bath and she was cryong b/c she was tired, well as i was attempting to shoosh the baby and dry my dd off, they were both crying and i jst screamed "shuuut upppppppppp"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i'm sure there have been several...but the one that comes to mind is when he was about 9mo old, and he rolled off the changing table.(no, i hadn't walked away, but was right there in front of him, and he rolled quickly, before i could catch him) luckily, we had carpet...? the worst part was at the ER where the staff, particularly one nurse, was steamrolling her questions as to how in the heck could this have happened? she scared the holy snot out of me..i was sure i was going to jail for child abuse. her looks for accusatory and she was screaming at me!
    finally, after she judged the baby to be free of obvious marks/bruises/burns, the attending doctor came in and calmed us down, telling us stories of similar accidents that happened when his children were babies. he softened the moment...not that i don't still feel like a total jerk for letting it happen....4 years later!!!!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Ok, it might not be that bad, but it sticks with me... I took my 3 year old to get a hair cut with me (I was getting the cut). I took him to the chair with me and had him sit in the empty chair next to me. When they took me back to get shampooed though I told him to sit where he was and be good. I wasn't worried about anyone taking him because it was a small neighborhood place, but I didn't think about him freaking out. All I heard was crying and I was like "Oh crap, that's my son," and sure enough a lady that worked there was bringing him back to me crying. I felt so stupid to think he would be fine with me leaving him sitting there with all these strange ladies and not knowing where I was going. I was embarrassed for myself. I haven't been to that salon since.
    DeannaBrady

Answer by DeannaBrady at 9:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• 8-9 months ago I had just got home from work and my DD was very grumpy- crying with no reason, not wanting to eat or sleep. So I was really tired and upset from work so I yelled to her so bad she couldn't even cry. I've never scream so loudly in my life, but that night I was so mad at her! I put her to bed and I consiouly let her cry herself to sleep.

Next day I said I was sorry and she said "don't worry mommy, I know you didn't mean it". And she was only 4! Made my heart melt. Never yelled at her since then, I made a promise to myself- only talking, not yelling or spanking!
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 9:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• okay...this is horrible and i hated myself for it..and it sticks in my head, but i was a new mom and had no experience at all other than babysitting but anyways this happend before i found out my son had collic. He would cry and cry for about 3 hours strait..i tried rocking him, walking him, putting him in the car and driving him, NOTHING...was working and i had no clue what was going on i was just so tired and frustrated so i blew a puff of air in his face thinking maybe it would distract him from the crying...(he was about 4 months) and it worked...it took his breathe and scarred the shit out of me! I felt like the cruelest person on earth. Then he started crying even harder cuz it pissed him off. Thats the shittiest i've have ever felt in my life...and i would never do that again..i dont know what i was thinking.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Oh, these are bad. I have 2 moments: My son was 4. It was about 10 at night, he was climbing onto the top bunk & the rail gave way. He wouldn't stop crying, I thought he was overly tired. I put him to bed. When I left the room he started screaming. After 10 minutes of screaming, I spanked him. He had fractured his elbow. (What a horrible mom)

This is even better. When my dd was about 6 months old, my entire family went on a canoe trip. We go all the time & have a blast. It was the 1st time I had drank since I found out I was pregnant, so Hello, Lucy! I had a couple drinks & I was s**t-faced. My mom, my sister, & my husband had to watch me & my kids to make sure we didn't all float down stream. It was horrible being that drunk.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• when my son was about 4 days old, I was filling bottles with water over the crib because it had a little light near it. I put my son in bed, and ran to the gas station right down the street. (I lived with a friend, I didn't leave him alone) when I came home she said he started crying right when I left and hadn't stopped. She said he must have pee'd through his diaper. I couldn't believe it, I had just changed him and everything. I changed his clothes and put him back in bed. When I laid him down I realized that I had spilled a ton of water in the crib without knowing it. With all of those hormones going on I was crying and saying how I only had him for 4 days and I was a failure... It's funny now, but I never did pour water over the crib again.
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• oh my gosh..once i forgot to strap my son in with the seatbelt..i turned a curve really sharp and the carseat flipped over..he was about 7 months old..i FREAKED! i jumped out of the car to check and he was grinning so big and thought it was funny! Wasnt hurt at all..(atleast i remembered to strap him in the carseat)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Chloe was 8 months old and she was heading for our bedroom - where she is not allowed to be. Hubby and I were busy cleaning the house. I tell him to go get her out and shut the door because I am doing whatever, and he tells me "No, you go get her" and like idiots we are just going back and forth about getting her, neither of us remembering the the hair straightener in our bathroom is still very hot. Next thing we know she is SCREAMING. I run to her and she is sitting on the bathroom floor with the straightener sitting in her lap - she had pulled it down onto her. I. was. hysterical. I had no idea what to do, the burns were the worst thing I had seen. I immediately call my mother who is at work sobbing/screaming at her to get over here, that Chloe is burned and I don't know what to do. I am so out of it she doesn't even recognize it is me and asks "Who is this" "YOUR DAUGHTER! CHLOE IS HURT" "Is it an emergency" "YES!" cont.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2009

• So my mom flies through residential roads to get to me, I have to give my baby to my husband because he is the own who can keep calm in these situations. I cannot calm myself which makes me feel WORSE because I know its upsetting my baby further. Anyway, my mom arrives. Put Chloe's burns under some cold water and just talks to her all nice and grandma like and Chloe immediately is fine. It was the worst experience ever. To this day when I think about it I feel horrible. Why didn't I just go get my kid out of my room. She still has scars on her leg.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2009